- You are here:
- About Us/
- Quantity Surveyor
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Quantity Surveyor to join our Commercial team based in our Head Office in Kirkcaldy. The successful candidate will provide assistance to the Commercial Manager to meet departmental objectives.
- Review tender documentation, providing recommendations to Estimating Dept / Managerial team prior to submission.
- Attend appropriate pre-order meetings.
- Review and negotiate sub contract terms and conditions to allow agreements to be reached in line with Group Commercial Policy.
- Submit timeous interim valuations in line with agreed contract terms.
- Negotiate and obtain best value with placement of sub contract orders.
- Validate and approve sub contractor interim applications and final submissions.
- Monitor costs through the lifespan of projects, highlighting variances (+ or -) immediately for management attention.
- Assist Project Managers in collation of information for Project Contract Reviews. Attendance will also be required.
- Prepare, submit and negotiate Final Accounts including claims in respect of loss and expense, delay and disruption and extensions of time.
- Assist in collation of monthly cash forecasts as required.
- Form sound views of likely projected outcomes as required.
- Provide assistance to Project Managers with regards to contractual matters and interpretation.
- Assist in the collection of Retentions.
- Provide assistance to all members of the Commercial Department and cross functional support.
- Ensure all aspects of role complies to Business Processes.
Competencies and Experience
- Ideally have a relevant qualification in Quantity Surveying.
- Commercially driven with an ability to minimise risk and maximise opportunity.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Sound negotiation skills.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to prioritise and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well as part of a multi disciplinary team within a Project environment.
To apply for this role sent your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference: QS/March 2019
Browse our other vacancies or read our latest news.