- You are here:
- About Us/
- Senior Quantity Surveyor
An opportunity has arisen for a talented Senior Quantity Surveyor to join the Commercial team based in our Head Office in Kirkcaldy. Preferably of graduate level, and possibly of chartered surveyor status, the successful candidate will cover Havelock’s UK-wide requirements, dealing with project values ranging from approximately £100,000 to £5 million.
- Managing on-site costs relating to specific projects from the initial calculations through to final figures, seeking to minimise the costs of a project and enhance value for money, whilst still achieving the required standards and quality.
- Dealing with the contractual requirements of tenders with customers, undertaking contractual correspondence as necessary, and achieving contractual agreements.
- The performance of final assets (agreement of job values with customers) and interim valuations (ensuring that projects proceed to budgets).
- Dealing directly with customers to ensure that their requirements are fully understood and covered.
- Liasing effectively with colleagues across the business to ensure that the above work is performed to the highest professional standards.
Competencies and Experience
- Proven quantity surveying experience relating to main contracting.
- A working knowledge of building construction techniques and materials.
- General appreciation of the construction industry.
- An understanding of building regulations and other relevant legal guidelines.
- First class appreciation of the contractual requirements of tenders and achieving contractual agreements.
- Practised budget management skills.
To apply for this role send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference SQS/March 2019
Browse our other vacancies or read our latest news.