- You are here:
- About Us/
- Shift Maintenance Technician
1. General Purpose of the Job
To work as part of maintenance team being responsible for the safe and efficient utilisation of plant, equipment and buildings. To reduce plant and equipment downtime to ensure optimum machine availability and to maximise output.
2. Duties and Responsibilities
- To assess all situations concerning production, plant and buildings, make decisions based on own knowledge and understanding before referral to team leader or manager
- Carry out planned and preventative maintenance schedules as directed
- Ensure plant and machinery breakdowns/faults/repairs are carried out swiftly and efficiently
- Isolation and de-isolations in accordance with Permit to Work code of practice
- Facilities installation, maintenance and project work
- Operate and maintain ‘Frontline’ CMS system as directed
- Monitor department consumable usage, request and maintain stock of spare parts
- Share with maintenance colleagues relevant information
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping
3. Safety, Health and Environment
Be aware of and ensures that the Company’s Safety, Health and Environmental policies and practices are implemented and enforced at all times.
4. Quality and Environmental Aspects
- Be aware of the Company’s Quality registration and how their role affects the performance of the Company
- Be aware of Company Procedures and Work Instructions
5. Additional Duties
- Perform other duties within capabilities as requested by Team Leaders/Management
- Inclusion in rotational call out system
- Electro-mechanical background and experience including fault finding
- Facilities Installation and maintenance
- Trained to skilled level and working knowledge of current IEE wiring regulations
- Competent IT skills
This Job Description indicates the main responsibilities of the post and is not an exhaustive statement. It may be the subject of review and may be amended from time to time, at which a revised Job Description will be re-issued.
To apply for this role send your CV to email@example.com quoting the reference: SMT/May2019
Browse our other vacancies or read our latest news.