- You are here:
- About Us/
- Supply Planner
Job Title: Supply Planner
Responsible To: Supply Chain Lead
Date: January 2019
1. Job Purpose
- Ensure timely demand conversion and supplier deliveries that enable successful factory build and site
2. Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure timely, efficient and effective demand conversion to meet demand dates.
- Expediting of supplier purchase orders to ensure fulfilment to support delivery programmes.
- Manage vendor relationships to ensure best service and on time delivery.
- Identify and manage non-performing suppliers through implementing agreed improvement measures.
- Work with Category Leads to manage-out repeat non-performing suppliers where improvements cannot be achieved.
- Ensure real time communication of forecast product shortages to Planning, factory and Projects Teams.
- Work with Category Leads, Projects Teams and Technical Design, to adopt alternative materials wherever necessary and / or beneficial to the business.
- Actively seek ways to improve customer service and business efficiencies
- Promote cross functional team spirit and a “can do” attitude.
- Embrace best country supply options. Understand benefits and risks to enable informed business decisions that maximise business advantage.
- Identify and exploit cost base improvement opportunities.
- Ensure that our supply partners understand customer needs and fitness-for-purpose.
- Hold effective, meaningful, positive and productive direct dialogue with customers, to better understand needs and manage expectations. Be an ambassador for Havelock International Limited.
- Challenge the status quo. Effect process improvements to facilitate faster, better service and to enhance value.
- Ensure accuracy of purchase information on ERP to ensure expedient service with no consequent invoice errors.
3. Key Result Areas
- Timely and speedy demand conversion.
- Product availability to meet programmes.
- Communication with internal clients.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent time management skills and able to prioritise multiple tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for a demanding and customer focussed working environment.
- Be personally energetic, dynamic, positive and enthusiastic.
- Possess the ability to think laterally and act through reasoned decision making.
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently, effectively and with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure, whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality.
- Possess the willingness to learn, improve and adapt.
- IT literate and competent in MS Office.
This Job Description indicates the main responsibilities of the post and is not an exhaustive statement. It may be the
subject of review and may be amended from time to time, at which a revised Job Description will be re-issued.